Antifouling at The Boat Works
Antifouling is an incredibly important part of routine boat care, affecting the performance of your boat, fuel economy and also the long term condition of boat. By inhibiting marine growth on the bottom of your boat, you will ensure that your boat performs at its peak level all year routine. As the original Antifouling operation at The Boat Works, we can certainly help you.
Marine Antifoul Specialists, a specialised division of Proyacht Boat Management, is the longest established Antifouling company within The Boat Works and our antifouling crew are seasoned experts in this vital marine service.
For a complete list of our services click here
Proyacht Boat Management makes your life easier because servicing, repairing, maintaining, washing, detailing and even refuelling your boat can be extremely time consuming if you try to organise everything yourself. Your leisure time out on the water, relaxing with family and friends, can be significantly compromised by these substantial demands and many owners may even wonder why they bothered to get a boat at all! It can all be extremely frustrating. That’s where we can help you. We undertake and oversee all of the services your boat requires on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, from regular washing and detailing to your annual antifouling treatment. We specialise in the boat works antifoul. We manage all external subcontractors for you, so your single point of contact is the Proyacht team, rather than numerous different trades. Simple.
Our Premium Antifoul procedures are as follows:
- We will wet rubyour hull and running gear, including cleaning your skin fittings, hull strainers etc. We always go the extra mile during preparation, reflecting the high quality of our antifouling service and the importance we place on thorough preparation;
- We then apply primers where necessary, using either a single pac or a two pac primer;
- We mask up your boat to protect it from any overspray and apply 2 coats of high quality antifoul paint onto your hull and running gear with airless spray equipment.A 3rd coat is then applied to all leading edges;
- A boat collection service is available, undertaken by an experienced skipper, to and from your private dock or your home marina. Easy!
- Propspeed application and anode replacements are also efficiently undertaken, as required.
Sandblasting services are also available to remove all previous antifouling systems and to treat any osmosis or blistering in the fairing.